1/1 Photo of Turkey Pot Pie With Biscuits
I have a collection of cook books and usually look up a few of the same recipes and combine the ingredients I like from each recipe so that it makes it my own. This one called for chicken but works for either or just as well. So hope you enjoy experiementing with it as I did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 2 cups chicken, leftovers
- 1 (9 ounce) package thawed frozen corn (frozen works fine too)
- 1Grease a 3 qt casserole dish.
- 2In lg. saucepan, combine carrots and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover.
- 3Simmer for 5 minutes or til crisp-tender.
- 4Heat oven to 400°F In small bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups milk& 1/4 cup flour.
- 5Mix the milk mixture, sage, 1 T marg. and 1/2 t salt into carrot mixture. Bring back to a boil, constantly stirring.
- 6Boil for approximately 1 min, add chicken and corn.
- 7Pour into greased casserole dish.
- 8In medium bowl, mix together the 1 cup flour, onions, baking powder, and 1/4 t salt.
- 9Once mixed well stir in the 1/2 c milk and 1 T melted or soft marg. until soft dough forms.
- 10Drop dough by spoonful evenly onto chicken mixture.
- 11Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or till top is golden brown.
- 12*Note-if not enough biscuits for your liking feel free to double up on the biscuit mix on the top turns out just as well.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Pot Pie With Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 674.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 25.4 g