1/2 Photos of Turkey Pot Pie and Gravy
Marsha D.'s Note:
I used to love frozen pot pies. This recipe is something I put together one day on the spur of the moment. I had some ground turkey that I needed to use up so this is what I came up with. My husband said that I don't need to buy any more frozen pies ever again; this one is the best! You may want to adjust the amount of seasonings to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Johnny's)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon beau monde spice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can veg-all original mixed vegetables, drained
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Set out pie shells.
- 3In a medium to large skillet, add oil, minced garlic and ground turkey.
- 4Brown lightly; add Teriyaki sauce and Worcestershire sauce, stirring sauces in to coat well.
- 5Add seasoning salt, basil, beau monde spice,ground pepper, accent, thyme, jamaican jerk spice and onion powder.
- 6Brown completely; drain if necessary.
- 7Place half of the meat mixture in one of the pie shells; layer half can of Veg-All mixed vegetables and half of one can cream of chicken soup; repeat layers starting with rest of meat mixture and ending with soup.
- 8Add 1/4 cup water around the pie.
- 9Top with second pie crust; shape it and slit with knife in about 3 to 4 places.
- 10Bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until crust turns brown.
- 11Heat second can of cream of chicken soup and 1/2 cup of half and half in a sauce pan and serve as gravy over pie.
- 12NOTE: you can season the soup with any seasonings you want or just leave as is.
- 13Also you can substitute Cream of Chicken soup (for gravy) with either Cream of Mushroom soup or Cream of Celery soup.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Pot Pie and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.7
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 1196.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beau monde spice
jamaican jerk spice