1/9 Photos of Turkey Pot Pie
This was a recipe I was a little nervous trying as I am not a pie maker...What a pleasant surprise- it turned out delicious and was a good stick to your ribs meal on a cool fall day. Update- I tried it this year with the new Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, it turned out wonderful, see the photo I took!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 frozen deep dish pie shell, thawed (or homemade pastry for a double crust pie, or 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onion, celery, carrots, parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- 3Cook and stir until the vegetables are soft.
- 4Stir in the broth.
- 5Bring mixture to a boil.
- 6Stir in the potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm.
- 7In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- 8Stir in the turkey and flour.
- 9Add the milk, and heat through.
- 10Stir the turkey mixture into the vegetable mixture, and cook until thickened.
- 11Cool slightly, then pour mixture into 1 unbaked pie shell.
- 12Cover with remaining crust.
- 13Flute edges, and make 4 slits in the top crust to let out steam.
- 14Place on a cookie sheet.
- 15Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- 16Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (175°C), and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Note- Cooling the filling before putting in pie shell is EXTREMELY important, if it is too hot it will make the crust mushy.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.5
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 687.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 17.1 g