Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Good and easy comfort food. Great way to use up that Thanksgiving turkey--chicken works great too.
Make and share this Turkey Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Sauté onion and celery in 3 tbsp butter in large skillet until translucent.
- Add mixed vegetables, potatoes and chicken broth. Simmer for a few minutes, until frozen veg. are thawed.
- In the meantime, melt 3 tbsp butter in small pan, add flour, whisk until smooth. Add milk and stir until thick.
- Add to vegetable mixture-stir until blended-add turkey and cook until it thickens. Pour into unbaked pie shell-add top crust, pinch edges and make 4 slits in top of crust.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 325 and cook for another 20-30 minutes until crust is golden brown.