Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Good and easy comfort food. Great way to use up that Thanksgiving turkey--chicken works great too.
Make and share this Turkey Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 small potatoes, cooked and cut up
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 pie crusts
- Sauté onion and celery in 3 tbsp butter in large skillet until translucent.
- Add mixed vegetables, potatoes and chicken broth. Simmer for a few minutes, until frozen veg. are thawed.
- In the meantime, melt 3 tbsp butter in small pan, add flour, whisk until smooth. Add milk and stir until thick.
- Add to vegetable mixture-stir until blended-add turkey and cook until it thickens. Pour into unbaked pie shell-add top crust, pinch edges and make 4 slits in top of crust.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 325 and cook for another 20-30 minutes until crust is golden brown.
Wow This was delicious and so easy to make! Thanks for a great recipe Scoobyboo!
very, very easy, but very, very good.....my kids loved it! And so did I.....