Recipe by Rita~
Comfort food with mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, and lots of LOVE! I did make this in a deep pie dish. If you don't have one use a regular one but place a cookie sheet under to catch any drippings while baking.
Top Review by 932ninja
Oh Rita, again with the great recipe! Thanks soooo much! I was looking for a turkey pot pie, saw your name and knew this was the one. The only thing I did different was minced a jalapeno pepper in with the onion and garlic. The seasoning was spot on!
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml diced celery
- 236.59 ml sliced carrot
- 236.59 ml diced potato
- 226.79 g sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme leave
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml ground sage
- salt and pepper
- 44.37 ml flour
- 473.18 ml turkey broth
- 473.18 ml diced turkey meat
Pie crust Topping
- 0.59 ml poppy seed
- 0.25 ml seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place one pie crust in a pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 425°F .
- In a large pan melt butter add onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and garlic.
- Sauté for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Season with parsley, thyme, pepper flakes, sage, salt, & pepper.
- Sprinkle the sautéed mixture with flour and stir to mix evenly.
- Add turkey stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the thickened mixture into the prepared pie plate. Top with the second crust and crimp sides to seal.
- Cut a couple slits in top so steam can be released. Slightly wet top and sprinkle with
- Flavored Seasoned Salt (Recipe #8217) and poppy seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes then lower oven temperature to 350°F . Bake for 45 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.