1 hr 10 mins
This is a wonderful recipe for left over Turkey that does not involve left over gravy, stuffing or potatoes. It is a Mexican recipe for Posole that has hominy, white beans, Poblano and Green chilies .Garnish with tortilla chips.shredded green cabbage and a squeeze of lime
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 poblano chiles, peppers. seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 quarts turkey or 2 quarts chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 4 ounces green chili peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground oregano, I did not use
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Cook onions and Poblano chiles until soft.
- 3Stir in garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add chili powder, cumin, oregano.
- 5Stir in turkey broth, cooked turkey, canned green chiles , beans and hominy.
- 6Add water if extra liquid is needed to just cover ingredients in pot.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Bring to boil and reduce heat to low and cover/.
- 9Simmer, stirring occasionally to blend flavors.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Posole
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.2 mg
- Sodium 609.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: