Recipe by mandabears
This is a wonderful recipe for left over Turkey that does not involve left over gravy, stuffing or potatoes. It is a Mexican recipe for Posole that has hominy, white beans, Poblano and Green chilies .Garnish with tortilla chips.shredded green cabbage and a squeeze of lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 poblano chiles, peppers. seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 quarts turkey or 2 quarts chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 4 ounces green chili peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground oregano, I did not use
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook onions and Poblano chiles until soft.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano.
- Stir in turkey broth, cooked turkey, canned green chiles , beans and hominy.
- Add water if extra liquid is needed to just cover ingredients in pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to low and cover/.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally to blend flavors.