Recipe by Tigg
Fresh! Healthy! With a hint of lime and chilli or fresh mint and cranberry; your choice. Make sure you use mozzerella cheese so that the pizza will come out of the oven dry and delecious not soggy and greasy.
Top Review by Rita~
Wow! What a mix. You have good old American turkey and cranberries, Thai Kaffir lime leaves, and peri-peri sauce that could be Portuguese or African cuisine. I used Recipe #187380 for the dough. Placed in a pan sprayed sheet pan. Used whole berry cranberry sauce. Did use extra cheese everything else the same. This is such a different take on toppings. Baked in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes. LOVED the sweetness from the berries and onion and really enjoyed the lime leave. Lots of flavor here. Made for Pick a Chef http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 Thanks for the good EATS!
- 1 (14 inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 cup spinach (cooked)
- 1 -2 fresh chili pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 -4 kaffir lime leaves (dried)
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons peri-peri (type of mild to med chilli sauce)
- 250 g mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix peri peri sauce with tomatoe sauce; so you have about 1/2 of a cup and spread over pizza base.
- Crunch dried kaffir lime leaves over the sauce.
- Spinkle on the chopped onion.
- Next evenly distribute the steamed and drained spinach.
- Add the chopped chilli.
- Mix the chopped turkey in a bowl with the cranberry sauce till coated and add to the pizza base.
- Sprinkle pizza lightly with salt.
- Cover all with mozzerella cheese.
- Bake untill cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Seve with fresh green salad.