Recipe by L DJ
Tired of the same ole turkey sandwiches after Thanksgiving? Try this. Also can be made with chicken. Prep time includes chill time.
Top Review by Diana Johnson || EatingRichly.com
These are really good, though I'm not giving a star rating because I changed the recipe quite a bit. Our cucumbers got shoved to the back of the fridge and froze, so I skipped those. I used dried dill, lemon juice, and garlic powder in the yogurt. Then I used goat cheese instead of feta, and added some chopped pecans. Great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken!
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup peeled cucumber, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 cup halved green seedless grape
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 cups cooked turkey (bite size chunks)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 pita breads (cut in half)
- 1 head red leaf lettuce