Prep 1 hr 34 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tired of the same ole turkey sandwiches after Thanksgiving? Try this. Also can be made with chicken. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup peeled cucumber, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 cup halved green seedless grape
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 cups cooked turkey (bite size chunks)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 pita breads (cut in half)
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- In bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber, dill and mint.
- Add grapes, bell peppers, celery, turkey and cheese.
- Chill at least 1 hour for flavors to mingle.
- Line each pita half with red lettuce leaves.
- Then spoon turkey mixture into each sandwich.
Tried this as written and was well pleased. The next time I played a little and added just a pinch of Curry powder (to taste) and some toasted pine nuts. Finely sliced red onions are a must.
Very yummy day one... not so good day 2.
Quick and easy with leftover chicken and I skipped the grapes just because I didn`t have them. I toasted the pita over an open fire then stuffed them!