Recipe by mydesigirl
Who doesn't love a pita? Serve this with a side salad to make a meal. (per serving-cal.191-fat 4g-sodium 386-fiber 2g-sugars 3g)
Top Review by ellie_
These are so easy and delicious! By the way I got 10 pita halves with the filling I had! Perfect for my family of 4 served with fruit salad. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again soon!
- 1 lb white lean ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, frozen, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (I use fat free)
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 pita bread, cut in half
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium nonstick skillet,cook turkey over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Set aside.
- Cook and drain spinach according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl,mix turkey,spinach and cheese.
- Stir in ketchup and mayonnaise.
- Fill each pita pocket evenly until all of the mixture is used.Slightly flatten pockets and brown lightly in skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray.