- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped plus more (to garnish)
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce
- 3 slices canned pineapple in juice (in pineapple juice not heavy syrup)
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 4 ounces garrotxa goat cheese
- 1 egg, plus
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté onions, scallions, garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes until onions are almost opaque.
- Add ground beef and salt then brown until the meat is no longer pink. Stir in 3 Tablespoons of A.1. and set aside to cool.
- In the meanwhile heat a grill pan over high heat then brush pineapple slices on both sides with the remainder of A.1. and grill about 2 to 3 minutes per side (you can also place under oven broiler).
- When pineapples are cooled chop into bite size pieces and fold into turkey (discard thyme stem).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and unfold pastry sheets, cut each sheet in three sections following the creases from its fold, then cut each of those in half to make a total of 12 pieces.
- Place a slice of goat cheese on half of each piece of pastry, then top with about 2 Tablespoons of filling. Fold the other half over the filling and use a fork to press the sides closed.
- Whisk water into egg and brush egg wash over each puff. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and extra A.1. for dipping.