Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good way to use up leftover turkey. It is moist and tasty and very easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup raw white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cut-up, cooked turkey meat
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and add rice, stirring and cooking til golden.
- Add soup mix, then stir in water.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Add turkey and heat through.
- Serve, if desired, with coconut, chopped peanuts, raisins or chutney.
This was a great way to use up leftover turkey. DH actually liked it, and I was able to sneak some meat into my picky 3 year old's diet this way!
I also added corn. I found the onion soup to be a bit strong and I didn't enjoy the flavors so much. But DH did.
A tasty and different way to use up the turkey leftovers! My family thanks you for saving them from another post Christmas casserole.