Crispy outside, quickly cooked so it doesn't have time to dry out, served with a bright lemony butter sauce, this is a great way to enjoy turkey for Thanksgiving or all year round. Adapted from a recipe in Alton Brown's _Good Eats 2: The Middle Years_.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs boneless turkey breast
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°F.
- 2Slice turkey across the grain into 1/2" slices. Place slices, one at a time, between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Pound out until 1/8-1/4" thick. Repeat until all pieces are pounded. Sprinkle both sides of each piece with salt and pepper, then dredge both sides in flour; tap off excess flour.
- 3Place olive oil and 4 tbsp butter in a 12" skillet over medium heat. (Non-stick will not yield a good sauce; stick to regular.) When foaming subsides, add turkey, being careful not to crowd the pan. Brown turkey on both sides, about 1 minute on each side; repeat with any remaining turkey. Transfer to an ovensafe plate and place in oven to stay warm.
- 4Add shallots to pan and reduce heat to low; saute until shallots are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice and simmer 2-3 minutes, until slightly reduced. Add remaining butter (which should be cold) and whisk until sauce is glossy and slightly thickened. Adjust salt and pepper and stir in parsley (and capers if using). Pour over cutlets and serve.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Piccata - Alton Brown
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.3
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 39.3 g