Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I picked up this recipe yesterday at gourmet grocery store. The chef was giving out samples and I tried it, loved it and decided to make it last night. This is not a make ahead meal, but it is fast and easy. Very tasty and a nice change for us. A nice way to use turkey. We had it with a great salad.
- 2 lbs turkey breast tenderloins
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup flour (may need slightly more)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 dash sauvignon blanc wine
- Prepare tenderloins by cutting into 2 ounce pieces and pounding with meat hammer until flattened. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in the flour.
- Crack eggs into bowl and beat by hand until mixed but not frothy. Add water and mix together.
- Add one tbsp of both the oil and butter to a sauté pan on medium-high. Dip each turkey piece in the egg wash, shake to remove excess. Place in sauté pan and brown for one to two minutes, then turn. Remove when second side is browned and place on warming plate (I use a plate in my oven on low). Repeat until all turkey pieces are browned and cooked through.
- In second skillet on medium heat, add the other tbsp of both the oil and butter. Add the shallots and garlic, cook one minute and do not allow garlic to brown. Turn up heat to high and add mushrooms, sauté about one minute. Add tomatoes and sauté 30 seconds to one minute. Splash pan with lemon and wine.
- Serve immediately, place turkey on plates and top with mushroom tomato mixture.