This picadillo has just about everything in it that I like, being a little different from the others here on Zaar. It's from The Whole Foods Market Cookbook and can be eaten alone or stuffed inside a chile relleno or warm whole wheat tortilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup manzanilla olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1Heat canola oil over medium heat in large skillet.
- 2Add ground turkey, breaking up into small pieces as it browns.
- 3Drain fat and then add onion through salt.
- 4Cook stirring often about 3-5 minutes.
- 5Add olives, raisins and capers and simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 6Just before serving, stir in peas.
- 7Cook for one more minute until peas are heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Picadillo
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.8
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 1079.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: