Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe from my nutritionist. I put the turkey picadillo on top of mixed greens for a tasty salad, or in a vegetable soup for a healthy and protein-rich soup, or use it as the base for tacos and taco salad. It's versatile, and it freezes very well!
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 680.38 g ground turkey (you may also substitute a meat-substitute, I prefer Quorn grounds)
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 311.84 g can mexicorn, drained
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and crumble in the ground turkey; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender and turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in garlic salt, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, pepper, and tomato sauce. Simmer, covered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn to turkey mixture and heat through, about 2 minutes.
So easy and versatile! Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2010.