Recipe by LMillerRN
You can also add sliced mushrooms to the pan with the onion and bell pepper. Serve with dill pickles and chips.
Top Review by mickie49
Really good sandwich. DH usually doesn't like deli turkey but really liked this sandwich. I threw the turkey into the pan with the peppers and onions to warm it up. We used pepper jack cheese and these were definite winners! Saturdays are generally sandwich supper nights here and this one will come back to star on the menu often!
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 (2 ounce) sandwich buns
- 4 ounces low-sodium mozzarella cheese (4 slices) or 4 ounces provolone cheese (4 slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in black pepper.
- Divide onion mixture and turkey evenly among bottom halves of rolls; top each serving with 1 cheese slice. Cover with top halves of rolls.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.