Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
This sandwich is very tasty. DH loves this one. Try it you will too.
- 1 (11 ounce) canrefrigerated French bread, can
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 onion, sliced
- 4 1⁄2 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces deli turkey, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Heat oven to 350.
- Bake loaf as directed on can.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Heat broiler.
- On ungreased broiler pan, combine bell pepper, onion and mushrroms.
- Brush with oil, sprinkle with rosemary.
- Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Return oven temperature to 350.
- Cut loaf in half lengthwise.
- Spread bottom half with cream cheese.
- Layer with turkey, bell pepper mixture, cheese and top half of bread.
- Place filled loaf on ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake at 350 for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut sandwich into 4 pieces.