Recipe by Cookworm
Leftover Thanksgiving turkey inspired this casserole. Its very creamy and cheesy, which we love. But if you want to tone it down, you could use just one can of cream of mushroom soup and/or half the grated cheese.
- 4 cups macaroni or 4 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked turkey
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Cut turkey into small cubes. Mix with noodles and spread over bottom of casserole dish. (I had to use a large dish for the size of this recipe.).
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, soup, pesto and half of the grated cheese.
- (Note: you may substitute any 'cream of' soup if you have taste preferences.).
- Pour sauce over noodles and turkey and stir gently to blend.
- Spread remaining grated cheese over top and sprinkle generously with paprika to taste. We like a lot so that it makes a nice crispy crust when the cheese bubbles.
- Bake in oven for thirty minutes or until bubbly.