This recipe is courtesy of Bobby Flay from the Food Network. The turkey burgers are so moist with the onion relish and easy to make too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Grilled Onion Relish
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1Make grilled onion relish first:.
- 2Heat grill to high.
- 3Brush onions on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Grill on each side for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly charred and just cooked through.
- 5Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and thyme in a medium bowl.
- 6Whisk in 1/4 cup of olive oil until emulsified.
- 7Add the onions and stir until combined.
- 8Let stand at room temperature until ready to use.
- 9Make turkey burgers:.
- 10With grill on high, divide the ground turkey into 4 equal burgers, brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 11Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-well doneness (the burger will continue to cook when placed back on the grill in the next step).
- 12Place the bread on a flat surface.
- 13Top each slice with a slice of cheese (***or you can sub your favorite kind of cheese in place of the gruyere) and a few tablespoons of Grilled Onion Relish. Place a burger on top and then top the burger with the remaining 4 slices of bread. Brush the top of the bread with the oil and place the burgers carefully on the grill, oiled side down, and press down slightly on the sandwich with a metal spatula.
- 14Grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown, then brush the top slice of bread with oil, flip over, press the top with the spatula and cook until that side is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- 15Cut in half and serve.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Patty Melt With Grilled Onion Relish
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 820.9
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 207.0 mg
- Sodium 1721.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 58.1 g