1/1 Photo of Turkey Patty Melt
Here is a wonderful sandwich that I came across on the food network.com website.... We love fixing sandwiches in the summer and eating them with a small salad for lunch..... I hope you enjoy this as well....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, season with some salt and pepper, and cook until golden, about 7 minutes.
- 3Put in a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet and add another tablespoon of oil.
- 4Season the turkey patties with salt and pepper, and cook in the remaining oil until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet. Wipe out the pan.
- 5Divide the onions among 4 bread slices, and top with a slice of cheese, a patty, another slice of cheese, and a slice of bread.
- 6Spread the top and bottom of the sandwiches with some butter.
- 7Heat the cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- 8Cook the sandwiches, in batches if needed, turning once, until lightly browned and the cheese melts, about 2 minutes per side.
- 9Halve the sandwiches and serve with cranberry sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Patty Melt
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.7
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 811.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: