Here is a wonderful sandwich that I came across on the food network.com website.... We love fixing sandwiches in the summer and eating them with a small salad for lunch..... I hope you enjoy this as well....
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, season with some salt and pepper, and cook until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Put in a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet and add another tablespoon of oil.
- Season the turkey patties with salt and pepper, and cook in the remaining oil until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet. Wipe out the pan.
- Divide the onions among 4 bread slices, and top with a slice of cheese, a patty, another slice of cheese, and a slice of bread.
- Spread the top and bottom of the sandwiches with some butter.
- Heat the cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the sandwiches, in batches if needed, turning once, until lightly browned and the cheese melts, about 2 minutes per side.
- Halve the sandwiches and serve with cranberry sauce, if desired.