Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 50 mins
Cook 45 mins
From American Diabetes Association. A nice Fall dinner.
Make and share this Turkey Patties With Butternut Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 butternut squash, whole
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix turkey, bread crumbs, egg substitute, pepper and nutmeg.
- Form into 12 patties about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spray shallow stove-top safe baking dish with cooking spray. Place patties in dish. Pour in chicken broth. Cover with foil. Bring to boil on top of stove, then put in oven. Braise 15 minutes.
- Remove turkey from broth and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Strain liquids into a 2-cup measure, adding water to measure two cups, if necessary. Set aside.
- Cut squash into 12 1/4-inch rings. Remove rind and take seeds out of center if needed.
- Spray shallow baking dish. Lay squash rings in bottom. Brush with maple syrup, sprinkle with salt and pepper and ginger. Spray with cooking spray. Place in oven and bake 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- Place a turky patty on each squash ring. Bake 10 minutes until turkey is heated through.
- Serve with sauce.
- TO MAKE SAUCE: Spray a saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion and saute over medium heat until limp. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring. Pour in reserved cooking liquid and bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Beat flour into sour cream in a bowl. Remove pan from heat and beat sour cream vigorously into liquid with wire whisk. Return to heat and cook, stirring, until thickened. Stir in pepper and parsley.