Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in the KC Star about 20 yrs ago and I love it. It's fast, lo-fat and oh so very good. I usually double it for leftovers, if you do, start with 1/2 c. of breadcrumbs.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 celery ribs, cut diagonally
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin rings
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- salt & pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs,egg and garlic salt. Form into patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute patties about 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- While patties cook, combine broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, vinegar, and black pepper. When both sides are browned, pour sauce mixture over patties and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and add celery, onion and green pepper. Simmer, covered, 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt & pepper and add tomatoes. Simmer another 2 to 3 minutes, or until done. Enjoy.