Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I serve these with mashed potatoes or in fresh buns with french dries on the side.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 stalks celery, cut diagonal
- 1 onion, cut in thin rings
- 1 green pepper, cut 3/4 pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in 1/8 's
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 dash white pepper
- Mix first 4 ingredients.
- Form into 4 to 6 patties, each about 3/4-thick.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute burgers 3 minutes each side, until browned.
- Mix Oriental Sauce and pour over burgers; bring to a boil, stiring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; add celery, onion and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, 6 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato; simmer 2 to 3 minutes, until meat is no longer pink.