Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my version of an ancient Welsh recipe. I serve it with fat free gravy.
Make and share this Turkey Pasties recipe from Food.com.
- Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (reduced fat)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet red cherry peppers
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Sautee turkey, onions, garlic, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, chili, corn, broccoli, and peppers until turkey is no longer pink and onions are translucent.
- Roll out biscuits with a rolling pin until they are about 6 or 7 inches in diameter.
- Place a large dollop of meat filling in biscuit and fold in half into a half moon shape.
- Seal with water and cut steam vents into top.
- Brush top lightly with butter.
- Bake at 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes until nicely brown.