Clifford Boren's Note:
This is my version of an ancient Welsh recipe. I serve it with fat free gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (reduced fat)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red cherry peppers
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1Sautee turkey, onions, garlic, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, chili, corn, broccoli, and peppers until turkey is no longer pink and onions are translucent.
- 2Roll out biscuits with a rolling pin until they are about 6 or 7 inches in diameter.
- 3Place a large dollop of meat filling in biscuit and fold in half into a half moon shape.
- 4Seal with water and cut steam vents into top.
- 5Brush top lightly with butter.
- 6Bake at 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes until nicely brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.2
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 179.3 mg
- Sodium 279.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet red cherry peppers