Recipe by Barb G.
Your family or guest will enjoy this Italian style pot pie. It is very simple to put together. The recipe comes from Betty Crocker. Enjoy.
Top Review by Trixyinaz
Very delicious! Total cooking time, plus prep was a little over an hour, but worth every bite. My store was out of ground turkey so I got ground chicken. I must say, ground chicken is much tastier than turkey. I think I will always make this with chicken. I didn't have Italian Seasoning so I created my own - 1/4 tsp of each of the following spices: oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, ground fennel, crushed red pepper and 1/2 tsp minced garlic. YUMMY. Also, once again I didn't read the instructions very well and I ended up using 1 full pound of ground chicken. Very meaty and Very Good! ~~~EDITED TO INCLUDE: I had the leftovers on Saturday and it was even better than the first day. Thanks Barb!~~~
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup broccoli or 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook turkey and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Beat 1 egg and the butter in medium bowl.
- Stir in fettuccine and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon mixture into ungreased pie plate, 10x1 1/2 inches; press evenly on bottom and up side.
- Mix cottage cheese and 1 egg; spread over fettuccine mixture in pie plate.
- Sprinkle with broccoli.
- Spoon turkey mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until hot in center.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.