Recipe by wife2abadge
From Cook It Light, I have also made this with 1 pound of leftover cooked turkey breast and it's yummy either way.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked al dente
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook turkey, onion, and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine ricotta, cream cheese, sour cream, and scallions in a blender and process til blended (don't overmix).
- Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (a casserole dish works fine too).
- Spread half the cooked pasta in the bottom and top with half the turkey mixture.
- Cover with the cheese mixture, then the remaining pasta.
- Cover with the remaining turkey mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake til hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes, at 350 degrees.