Recipe by Miss Pyre
A dog food recipe adapted from "The Natural Pet Food Cookbook" by Wendy Nan Rees. My dog has some digestive problems and does well with the extra fiber provided in this recipe. It stores for up to a week in the refrigerator and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 4 cups cooked and cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni (or any small to medium shaped pasta)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 2 cups cooked millet
- 2 cups cooked and drained spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare two cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- In a frying pan cook turkey thoroughly.
- Add turkey and all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- When mixture is completely combined it should be fairly sticky and thick.
- Form a large handful of mixture into a dome shape on cookie sheet and slightly flatten.
- Bake for 30 minutes.