Recipe by sugaree
This is a wonderful dinner when you're doing the South Beach diet. It almost meets those cravings for carbs! Courtesy of South Beach's Quick & Easy cookbook.
Top Review by French Teacher
I made this recipe with chicken and half the amount of tomato sauce (all I had on hand). The crust is absolutely delicious, and having less tomato sauce worked perfectly. (I'll make it that way from now on.) It was the best chicken parmesan I've ever had!
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pignoli nut, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 (1/4 lb) turkey cutlets (about 1 lb)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm sauce in a small saucepan.
- Mix together pignoli, Italian seasoning and parmesan on a plate. Coat both sides of cutlet with mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Turn oven to a low broil.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and cook until cutlets approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Place cutlets in pan and top with sauce and mozzarella. Broil until cheese just melts.