Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick, easy sandwich that is very filling. Just serve with pickles and you have a hit.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 pita breads (6 inches in diameter)
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- paprika, if desired
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook turkey, margarine and poultry seasoning in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink; drain.
- Split each pita bread around edge with knife to make 2 rounds.
- Line bottom and about halfway up sides of ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches, with pita breads (they will overlap slightly in middle). Layer turkey, tomato and celery on pitas.
- Mix remaining ingredients except paprika; spoon over top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until topping is light brown.