1/5 Photos of Turkey or Lean Beef Meat Sauce (Optional Crock Pot)
2 hrs 15 mins
No added fat just lots of flavor in this chunky meat sauce. Not just chunky from the meat but from the diced vegies which adds flavor and keeps the fat down without adding to much meat! You can sweeten the sauce if the tomatoes are not sweet enough but wait till it simmers for 1/2 an hour then taste and season as you like. The carrot has a way of taking any tang from the sauce and the onions sweeten it. This make alot so you can have some for dinner and freeze some for the future.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 5 lbs crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1In a large heavy hot pot over medium high heat brown meat. Add onions, garlic, pepper, carrot, and celery and cook till meat is lightly browned being sure to stir often.
- 2Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil then simmer over very low heat for an hour or two. Can be placed in a crock pot and cooked on low for 6-8 hours.
- 3Stirring to prevent the sauce from burning.
- 4Serve over your favorite pasta topping with cheese, or use for baked ziti, lasagna or use to top a pizza.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey or Lean Beef Meat Sauce (Optional Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.7
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.3 mg
- Sodium 217.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g