Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to use up turkey. Also wonderful when made with chicken. I like to make up one or two batches and freeze in meal or individual serving size pans. I take them RVing for a easy home cooked meal without the fuss. I have added sliced mushrooms and diced green chilies for variety.
- 3 -4 cups diced cooked turkey or 3 -4 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 lb butter or 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 lb grated Velveeta cheese (good luck trying to grate this, I just use chunks)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Cook the spaghetti in the broth. It will absorb most of the broth.
- Saute the pepper and onion in the butter.
- Add the flour, stirring til smooth.
- Gradually add milk, salt & pepper.
- Stir constantly until thickened.
- Add cheeses, cooking til melted.
- Add the turkey and undrained spaghetti. Pour into sprayed casserole (13x9 or whatever size you like).
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Or freeze.