Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this in a TOH magazine and tried it out because I could clean out my fridge of a bunch of odds and ends. It ended up being a hit with my family so I'm posting it. I changed a few things from the original as I made with what I had on hand. This is easy, quick, cheap and, best of all, delicious!
- 2 cups coarsely crushed corn chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided (your choice, I used a 4-cheese Mexican blend)
- 1 cup salsa (your choice, to suit your family's taste)
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning or 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place corn chips in a greased shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish; place the refried beans in a medium saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through; remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup of the cheese and the salsa; spread mixture over the chips.
- Toss the turkey or chicken with the Mexican (or taco) seasoning; sprinkle over the beans mixture; top with remaining 1 cup of cheese; sprinkle with green onion.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375°, for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomato.