Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken, you can freeze one casserole and just thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 473.18 ml fresh white button mushrooms, sliced (can use more)
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 59.14 ml butter (can use less butter)
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 158.51 ml half-and-half cream or 158.51 ml milk
- 453.59 g jar alfredo sauce
- 709.77 ml cooked turkey (can use more) or 709.77 ml cooked chicken (can use more)
- 340.19 g spaghetti, cooked (use the thin spagetti for this)
- 283.49 g package frozen peas, thawed
- 354.88 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 295.73 ml parmesan cheese, divided
- 591.47 ml garlic-flavored croutons, crushed
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter two 11 x 7-inch baking dishes (or use 1 large casserole dish).
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat; add in onions and mushrooms and saute until softened (about 6-7 minutes) add in the garlic the last 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the undiluted soup, half and half cream and alfredo sauce.
- Add in the sauteed onion/mushroom mixture with cooked turkey or chicken and cooked spaghetti, peas, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 1-1/2 cups Swiss cheese; mix well to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the baking dishes or large casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix together the crushed croutons with 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and pinch paprika; sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Love this better than the recipe that I've always used. Another winner from KitZ! Made for the Pasta/Potato event in Cooking Photos.