Top Review by crazycookinmama
Totally fantastic! Quick to put together, and even my picky kids ate it! I just used miscellaneous cheeses I had on hand, as well as used a can of chicken broth instead of the consumme. Used salsa rather than taco sauce. Great week night meal.
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1
- 3 cups turkey or 3 cups chicken, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Old El Paso taco sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 -7 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can consomme
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan, then add onions.
- Cook until tender.
- Add green chilies, taco sauce, three soups, and turkey or chicken.
- Place a layer of tortillas on bottom of 2-inch deep casserole dish.
- Place alternate layers of soup mixture, tortillas and cheese on top.
- Repeat for 3 layers, making sure top layer is cheese. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes to one hour, or until cheese is melted.