Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was mailed to my by my grandmother in upstate New York. She got the recipe from a luncheon at the Presbyterian Church. Can be cut in half. Chicken can be substituted for the turkey in the recipe. The serving sizes are approximate.
- Cook rice according to the package directions.
- Cube turkey or chicken.
- Dice celery and onions.
- Combine soup and mayonnaise.
- Add to other ingredients.
- Place in large, buttered casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until it is heated through.
- Add topping and bake an additional 1/2 hour until the casserole is golden and bubbling (TOPPING is 2 Tbsp of melted butter combined with 1 1/2 Cups of Corn Flakes).
From a few ingredients you really can produce a good,filling and tasty meal.This is one of those recipes that fits the bill.Made from items that are generally found lurking around the average kitchen also makes it very practical.I added some finely diced leek and some sweetcorn to mine,just for personal preference,and also as this is one of those recipes that is totally open to individual interpretation. The cornflake topping didn't really do it for me...it just seemed wrong on top of the rice and veg,but some of you may like that. A solid 4 stars for you NELady,thanks for sharing.Made for PRMR.