Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
If your alfredo sauce has spices already added to it then it might not be necessary to add in the Italian seasoning. Adjust all amounts to taste. If you like some heat then add in some dryed chili flakes to the red pepper mixure. This is also good using shrimp in place or turkey or chicken. My alfredo Kittencal's Alfredo Sauce works great with this recipe!
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 cups fresh white button mushrooms, sliced (can use more)
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups zucchini, cubed
- 10 ounces alfredo sauce (can use more, bottled or homemade see my Kittencal's Alfredo Sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 3 cups cooked turkey or 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- salt and black pepper
- Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain place into a large bowl and toss with a little oil or butter to prevent the pasta from sticking together; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in fresh mushrooms and cook until all the liquid is released (about 7-8 minutes) leave in the skillet.
- Add in red bell pepper, green onions and garlic; saute for about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In a saucepan place the broccoli florets and zucchini; add in about 1-1/2 cups water; bring to a boil, reduce heat cover and simmer for about 2-3 minutes, or until JUST fork-tender; drain well and pat dry slightly with a paper towel.
- In a bowl mix together alfredo sauce with Italian seasoning (if using) add to the mushroom/bell pepper mixture with the broccoli, zucchini and cooked turkey or chicken.
- Add in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; toss all ingredients to combine, heat over low heat until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cook pasta and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.