Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is something I make often for my toddler who has allergies, so quick and easy! It doesn't require eggs like most meatballs. When making it for my son, I use the smaller amounts of sweet chili and green onion. I also use homemade bread crumbs from French bread, because of his allergies.I have even skipped the breadcrumbs completely and it worked. We make it as a snack or serve with rice and veggies for dinner. This recipe can be frozen. It easily doubles if you want to take it to a potluck or serve as an appy at a party. Serve with a side of sweet chili sauce to dip, or ketchup for crazy kids like my DS. ;)
- 566.99 g ground turkey or 566.99 g chicken
- 2-3 green onions, diced
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 78.07-118.29 ml sweet chili sauce
- Combine all ingredients together.
- In a pan lightly oiled (I use Pam), fry over medium heat until completely brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- You can also cook them completely in the fry pan.
- This recipe makes about 30 average size meatballs.
- Adjust amount of Sweet Chili sauce and bread crumbs if it appears too dry or wet, but these amounts work perfectly for us.
- You can combine all ingredients and refridge overnight then cook as normal, for a spicier flavor.
- For OAMC - Flash freeze on a cookie sheet until frozen. Place in a ziploc bag once frozen. Heat in Micro for 45-60 seconds, depending on the size of meatball. I'm sure it can be reheated in the oven, but I haven't tried it yet.
This is a wonderful basic recipe. It's perfect for young'uns and anyone with egg allergies. I prefer a little more kick, so in future I'd add some chopped fresh chili, garlic and coriander. I made these into patties and finished them in the oven. So easy, so tasty. Made for Green, Eggs and Ham Tag Game.