Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful recipe to use up any leftover chicken or turkey and day old bread too.
- 1 large onion, chopped (can use 6-8 chopped green onions)
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 29.58-59.16 ml oil
- 591.47 ml cooked chicken (can use less) or 591.47 ml cooked turkey, cubed (can use less)
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 354.88 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 14 slice day-old bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 473.18 ml milk or 473.18 ml half-and-half cream
- 283.49 g can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 14.79-29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a skillet sauté onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic in oil until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer the veggies to a large bowl.
- Add in cooked chicken or turkey, both cheeses, mayonnaise, parsley salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- Place half of the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a bowl beat eggs with a whisk; add in milk or half and half cream (if using) undiluted soup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over the casserole.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (can sprinkle with grated cheddar also).
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour.
I tagged this for zaar tag. This was very easy to assemble. It reminded me of an egg souffle my mom use to make for christmas. I enjoyed this. Next time I will add more spices cause this was just a tad bland. I want to try it with ham in it. I LOVE LOVE the cheese. Also love how it puffed up while it cooked. Thanks for another great recipe! Karen