1/2 Photos of Turkey or Chicken Layered Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
A wonderful recipe to use up any leftover chicken or turkey and day old bread too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped (can use 6-8 chopped green onions)
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 -4 tablespoons oil
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken (can use less) or 2 1/2 cups cooked turkey, cubed (can use less)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 14 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 1Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2In a skillet sauté onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic in oil until soft (about 5 minutes).
- 3Transfer the veggies to a large bowl.
- 4Add in cooked chicken or turkey, both cheeses, mayonnaise, parsley salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- 5Place half of the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish.
- 6Top with the chicken mixture.
- 7Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 8Top with remaining bread cubes.
- 9In a bowl beat eggs with a whisk; add in milk or half and half cream (if using) undiluted soup and Worcestershire sauce.
- 10Pour over the casserole.
- 11Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (can sprinkle with grated cheddar also).
- 12Bake uncovered for about 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey or Chicken Layered Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.3
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 134.6 mg
- Sodium 822.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 22.2 g