Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple cranberry glaze adds a delicious sweetness to roast turkey or chicken, ideal for Thanksgiving or Christmas or any other time of year!
- 1 lb cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 8 slices bacon (optional)
- Mix together the cranberry sauce, maple syrup and mustard in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sauce is smooth, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, if using the bacon, microwave the bacon for 4 minutes on high.
- Place the microwaved bacon over the turkey or chicken in a roasting tray, then brush with the cranberry glaze. Roast the turkey or chicken until cooked through, brushing frequently with the glaze.
- Alternatively, if you're omitting the bacon, then liberally brush the cranberry glaze over the turkey, chicken or ham during roasting.