Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different twist on the usual lo-mein dish. This is a simple recipe that is very healthy and looks quite impressive on a serving platter. I make this often in the summer when I don't want to turn the oven on, which makes my house feel like an inferno! I serve with green salad along-side.
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 lb turkey breast, cutlets or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain in colander.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger, and black pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spray wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat (I sometimes add a little broth to prevent sticking).
- Add turkey or chicken, bell pepper, garlic, and onion.
- Cook, stirring, until meat is cooked through and veggies are tender, about 5-7 min.
- Add mushrooms and snow peas to wok and cook until snow peas are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth mixture and bring to boil.
- Cook stirring frequently until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Place pasta on serving platter and top with meat and veggie mixture.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top, if desired.