This is great for turkey (or chicken) leftovers. I made it low sodium by using low sodium taco seasoning mix. Low fat using fat free beans, low fat sour cream, and reduced fat cheese. Whole wheat flour tortilla shells made the fiber a little higher.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped (could use green pepper)
- 3 -4 canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno juice (from the jar)
- 2 cups chopped turkey (I used the Pampered Chef Food Chopper)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 -2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Brown the onion, until clear.
- 2Add the garlic, pepper & jalapeño.
- 3Add the chopped turkey, jalapeño juice, cumin, seasoning mix and water.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until nearly all the water is gone, about 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, heat the refried beans on low heat (in a separate pan).
- 7Warm the tortillas by layering 1 damp paper towel on a plate, then 1 tortilla then another damp paper towel on top, layer only as many as you'll eat in the 1st serving, then heat more as you're ready for them.
- 8Take one tortilla shell, add beans, turkey mix, cheese, sour cream and salsa - all to taste.
- 9Fold up the bottom couple of inches, fold over one side, then roll it up and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey (Or Chicken) Burrito
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 844.9
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 1525.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
canned jalapeno slices