Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great for turkey (or chicken) leftovers. I made it low sodium by using low sodium taco seasoning mix. Low fat using fat free beans, low fat sour cream, and reduced fat cheese. Whole wheat flour tortilla shells made the fiber a little higher.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped (could use green pepper)
- 3 -4 canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno juice (from the jar)
- 2 cups chopped turkey (I used the Pampered Chef Food Chopper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 -2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Brown the onion, until clear.
- Add the garlic, pepper & jalapeño.
- Add the chopped turkey, jalapeño juice, cumin, seasoning mix and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until nearly all the water is gone, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the refried beans on low heat (in a separate pan).
- Warm the tortillas by layering 1 damp paper towel on a plate, then 1 tortilla then another damp paper towel on top, layer only as many as you'll eat in the 1st serving, then heat more as you're ready for them.
- Take one tortilla shell, add beans, turkey mix, cheese, sour cream and salsa - all to taste.
- Fold up the bottom couple of inches, fold over one side, then roll it up and enjoy!