Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chicken can be used in place of turkey, also you can brown the quesadillas in a skillet instead of oven-baking them. Turkey or chicken works well with this! Adjust all ingredients to taste.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 7 ounces old cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (or use shredded cheese)
- 5 ounces cooked turkey breast (cut into strips or small cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup medium salsa (or use spicy salsa, can use more to taste)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (optional, or use green onion)
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together the beans with cheese, turkey and salsa; season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Brush one side of the tortilla with butter, then place buttered-side down on a baking sheet.
- Spoon about 1/3-cup of the bean/turkey mixture on half of the tortilla, then sprinkle with chopped onion (if using).
- Fold the tortilla in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Cool for 5-6 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla into thirds.
- Serve with additional salsa and sour cream.
I love quesadillas and these were great!