- 1 medium red onion, peeled & thin into rings
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup turkey, cooked coarsy chopd
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, thin slice
- 1⁄3 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fruity olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 6 inch diameter pita bread rounds, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together the onion, tomatoes, turkey, lettuce, and basil.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar and drizzle with the vinegar and olive oil.
- Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- To make the sandwich, mound the mixture into the pita pockets and serve at once.