Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are not the ordinary "dry" ground turkey you are thinking of. I grilled mine on low for about 8 minutes per side. I suggest if you aren't the biggest fan of onions maybe add 1/4 cup. This was from a cooking light magazine.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (I used 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use salt lite)
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients.
- Divide mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium high heat or lightly spray grill rack.
- Cook for 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve with favorite condiments on roll.
You are right about the "ordinary" part. These were good maybe a little too moist, I did follow directions precisely. They were sure tasty and different, in a good way! Thanks, I'll be using this often!