Recipe by Sharon123
Food is a great way to say I love you! A clear glass jar or tin keeps this mix ready for giving. Include a ladle along with the mix if you like, and maybe some gourmet crackers!
Top Review by JocelynV
This one was really just okay. It looked very nice packaged up in a food gift basket, but my family wasn't crazy about the taste of the end product. It was really quick and easy and the noodles held up nicely, but the soup was very peppery and the minced onion needed a longer simmer time. I may try it again using much less pepper and finely processing the spices together.
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a small plastic bag; store in a cool, dry place.
- (To ensure even distribution of seasonings, each recipe of soup mix must be mixed individually.) Yield: about 1 cup Directions for recipe gift card: Combine soup mix, 8 cups water, and 1 carrot, diced, in a Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Stir in 3 cups cooked, diced turkey; simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Yield: 2 quarts.