Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is the perfect soup to make from your leftover turkey
- 1 turkey carcass, broken into several pieces
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- Combine turkey carcass and water in crock pot.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, celery, carrots, parsley, marjoram, and bay leaf.
- Cook on LOW 5-6 hours.
- Remove carcass and bay leaf from cooker.
- Take meat off bones and return meat to broth.
- Discard bones.
- Add cooked noodles to crock pot.
- Cover and cook HIGH 20-30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe is designed for 4 1/2 quart crock pot. For 3 1/2 quart or smaller crock pot use chunks of turkey meat cut off the bones.
I used the chicken carcass from last night. I cut it up and took off all the skin so the soup would be less fatty. I placed all of the ingredients ( 1/2 -since the chicken is smaller) in a crockpot this morning and set it on high/8hrs. The soup tastes wonderful-thanks