1/3 Photos of Turkey Noodle-Poppy Seed Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
After Thanksgiving I give an extra thanks for a recipe to use up that leftover turkey. Can be prepared and refrigerated night before, let stand 30 minutes before baking. Can sub chicken. See note below for freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package med-sized egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey or 3 cups chicken
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2Cook noodles according to directions; drain well; set aside.
- 3Heat butter and saute onion and bell pepper until tender.
- 4Add flour, stirring until smooth; cook 1 minute; stirring constantly.
- 5Gradually add milk; stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- 6Stir in noodles, 1/2 cup Parmesan, poppy seeds, salt, cayenne and cooked turkey.
- 7Spoon mixture into lightly greased 12x8 inch oven proof pan and top with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- 8Bake uncovered 45 -55 minutes.
- 10May be frozen unbaked. Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours in advance. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Noodle-Poppy Seed Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.3 mg
- Sodium 725.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 34.6 g