Manda C's Note:
This comforting casserole is a play on Tuna Noodle Casserole, taken up a notch. By using Pancetta and Extra Sharp White Cheddar, this casserole is comfort food with a touch of something special! Also, feel free to use regular bacon, or turkey bacon, and whatever other cheese happens to be your favorite! This is one of those versatile recipes that proves cooking is art! Do what suites you! My boyfriend and I are also on Weight Watchers, so we used reduced fat-sodium Cream of Mushroom and No-Yolk Egg Noodles. I sauteed our mushroom/onion combo with the pancetta grease and a 1/3 cup water, and drained before combining it with everything else. I find you get the flavor with out all the fat if you add a little water! Just make sure you drain it well. Watery Casserole = pretty gross. If you aren't using a non-stick pan, use a teaspoon or two of butter, but not oil. It'll mess with the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices pancetta or 3 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 16 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 -3 tablespoons Italian spices
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In a large sautee pan, fry pancetta. Cook till done, but not crisp. When done, pull out, pat with paper towel to blot off excess grease, hold pancetta to side.
- 2In same pan, add garlic,onions, and mushrooms. Add the water, if using a non-stick pan. If not, add the butter.Cook till onions are translucent, but slightly firm and till mushrooms are done. If you added water, DRAIN NOW! If not, proceed to the next step! (I usually preheat the over to 350 before I add the turkey, gives the oven plenty of time to preheat).
- 3In a separate pot, bring salted water to a boil, cook noodles.
- 4After the onion-mushroom mixture is done, add the ground turkey. Add Italian seasonings and cayenne pepper. Taste after turkey is cooked thoroughly, adjust seasonings as you wish.
- 5Next, add the cream of mushroom soup while still on the heat, just to mix everything nicely.
- 6Once the noodles are done, place them a medium casserole dish. Pour turkey soup mixture over top. Stir to combine, add cheese. Top with pancetta.
- 7Hit till bubbly and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Noodle Casserole Aka Turkey Mess!
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.7 mg
- Sodium 423.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: